When you move to a new area and register with a new doctor, remember also to:
- Register your pets with a local vet (the process usually involves an initial check-up which is often free of charge)
Pets should have booster injections every year to avoid diseases such as:
- Viral hepatitis
Typically, these will include:
- 24-hour emergency treatment
- Collection and delivery
- X-ray facilities
- Home visits
- Dietary advice
- Dental care
Most vets' surgeries can help a pet regardless of how exotic a breed it may be and can give advice on correct diet, living conditions and exercise.
- Pets should have regular check-ups.
- Wash pets' dishes separately from your own and rinse with boiling water.
- Always wash your hands after handling any animal and make sure your children understand this, too.
- Seek advice from a vet about vaccinating your pet against disease.
- Learn some basic first aid measures to deal with bites and scratches.